Local reviewer, Teena headed out to Len Fox Park, Labrador to find the facts so you know what to expect when you visit.
Marine Parade, Labrador
Closest Food Outlet or Take Away
There is a subway, KFC and McDonald’s all within close proximity to the park, down the boat ramp side.
Best Feature for kids under 5 years
The playground is more suited for the younger kids and therefore is a big hit with the under 5’s. It features a big sandpit with the usual slides and swings, but also has an awesome pedal ride which the younger kids love!
Best Feature for kids over 5 years
The best feature for the older kids would be beach, where they could go for a swim and chase after the soldier crabs on the shore. However, care must be taken as the beach is not supervised by lifeguards.
Yes. The parking around the Len Fox Park is all free. There is plenty of on-street parking surrounding the park, and there is a carpark near the boat ramp for cars and boat trailers.
- This park offers plenty of picnic tables and shades with BBQ facilities. The BBQ’s also house an electricity output. There is a fabulous shaded BBQ area in the middle of the park which offers plenty of space for entertainment for parties or large family gatherings.
- Swimming is allowed on the beach and the water is relatively calm, however, there is no lifeguard supervision. There are showers along the beach for a quick rinse off after a swim.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times.
- There is a fence that runs along the roadside, however, the beach side access is not fenced off.
- A walking/cycling track runs alongside the beach, with various fitness stations along the way, offering fabulous waterway views whilst working out.
- A large grassed area offers opportunities for kids to run around and play sports.
- The boat ramp has an amentities block, which is separate to the amentities block for the playground and picnic areas.
Len Fox Park is a nice quiet park which boasts great facilities for families with younger kids or for the fitness fanatics who enjoy a nice ride or walk with fantastic beach views.