The following question was asked on Facebook by a Gold Coast Kids mum with great responses from the community.
- Hinze dam or Natural arch both have nice walking and picnic areas
- Can swim in Currumbin rock pools. BBQ area but no shops there.
- Malaney is Bliss So is Lake Baroon Both heavenly & HUGE lots to explore
- Def walk around burleigh headland to Tallebudgera for a swim.
- Natural arch, binna burra orielys
- Tamborine Mountain has it all
- My kids love O’Reillys where they can feed the birds and do the rainforest walk…you can take a picnic or eat at the cafe.
- Natural Arch, springbrook. Or Mnt Tamborine is just beautiful
- my back yard when it needs mowing lol seriously binna burra lamington national park ,o’reillys.
- Natural arch (signs say Natural Bridge) is on the way to Springbrook (easier/shorter drive via nerang rather than mudgeereaba). If you’ve got time/days, Natural Arch warrants a day and night visit. Take a torch at night – turn it off along the path and in the cave – the glow worms are spectacular!! Especially with all this rain
At Springbrook check out Best Of All Lookout – a 5 min walk (always cold, so take a jumper!) with great info on the Antarctic beech trees & fantastic views to NSW. Purlingbrook Falls is only a few mins drive away – nice grassy picnic spot, plus a short walk to the lookout over the falls. If you’re keen bush walkers, you can take a longer walk that goes under the falls (can’t remember the name of the track??) – it’s spectacular at the bottom and a glorious place for a picnic! But you definitely work for lunch
Don’t leave any valuables on display in any of the carparks – you’ll see the signs & they are unfortunately true
Natural Arch/Springbrook is a day trip with a few stops, short walks, a number of different lookouts and variation
Binna Burra & O’Reillys are also beautiful, but both are reasonably long drives to one destination. There are more/longer walks at Binna Burra than O’Reillys, but the Tree Top Walk at O’Reillys (and bird feeding) is great.
Mt Tamborine also offers variety – the shops along Gallery Walk are great (very similar in style/feel to the main street in Montville). There’s Thunderbird Park and the Skywalk (a bit pricy?), plus bush walks and more…